Halo 2, Half-Life 2, replacement for humanity?
Hey I was wondering if any of you guys have played Halo 2? I haven't played it yet but it sounds really cool. Plus I read that it made $125 million on it's opening day!
Half-Life 2 came out and it's awesome. The lip syncing, physics engine, environment, the semi Orwellian gritty version of the future, the gravity gun (ever thrown a sawblade at someone? :), and "dog"(a big ass robot with the personality of a dog that throws cars around that you can play catch with) all combine to make one impressive game. The plot is pretty good too but it leaves you hanging at the end (again...groan) and you still don't know who you are working for and why. I dunno how much Half-Life 2 has brought in but it appears to be really popular. And people said console gaming would replace PCs...PFFT!!!
Lol hopefully CG will replace most of those overpaid and underworked bums who call themselves actors and athletes in a decade or so. Pixar is already doing it with actors...quite successfully I might add.
4 Comments:
I can't say that I've played either. I did, however, see Halo 2 being played for all of 1 minute or so. The graphics looked pretty sweet, but I'm sure the big attraction is the new levels and plot. I'd like to play Half life...do they have a demo? I'm just getting smothered with projects right now, and won't see the end of normal schoolwork until December 6th or so. Then I just have to study!
CG will not replace actors and athletes, and pixar isn't replacing actors by any means! It's a whole different movie experience. Besides, they still use the mannerisms and voices of actors (like Tom Hanks in that new Christmas Movie coming out).
Take it easy guys.
11/21/2004 4:49 PM
I played it about a week before it came out! :) hehehe, I have a friend that works @ hollywood video. Anyway, it was fun. I have yet to play Half-life 2. I am sorry, some of us have work 2 do! lol, j/k.
But seriously, loomking back at my freshman and sophmore years, and how much time I played Halo, I am glad I do not have an Xbox in my house. I could have got so much more work done.
ohh, also, I have an interesting story to tell you guys...IRL.
11/21/2004 9:19 PM
Hey guys if you want to jack some wireless connections, this might help:
http://www.phenoelit.de/dpl/dpl.html
It's a pretty comprehensive list of default passwords for routers. Apparently the most common passwords are "password" and "admin" or "administrator."
If someone is too stupid to change the default password on their router, yet turns on WEP encryption, they deserve to get their internet borrowed.
Hehe I also found a tool that crashes most wireless and wired networks. It's a symple diagnosis tool that looks for open ports and whatnot but it also has an utterly amusing side effect. It's great revenge for those neighbors who blast 50 cent at three in the morning.
11/23/2004 6:16 PM
lol nice...By the way, I played Halo two for like 30 minutes after studying last night. Pretty shweet! My cousins in AZ have an XBOX and Halo...I wonder if they have Halo 2! Have a great Thanksgiving, all.
11/24/2004 10:09 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home