Wireless Fun
If you are looking for lots of handy wireless tools go to this link:
http://netsecurity.about.com/cs/hackertools/a/aafreewifi.htm
Netstumbler is my favourite. If you plug a GPS receiver into your comp and run Netstumbler it will tell you the coordinates of the router.
Sometime I will get you guys a copy of this Linux kernal that runs an OS like Knoppix but comes loaded with tons of network tools. One must be careful with some of the tools though, if you run some of them you have a really good chance of crashing whatever network you're on.
12 Comments:
THanks, I downloaded it and found that a few of the network's around me were fake. Interesting.
Ohh yeha, and I got internet back at my house.
1/07/2005 11:11 PM
daz crazy. Fun stuff.
1/08/2005 4:44 PM
How can the wireless connections be fake? I don't understand.
1/08/2005 10:49 PM
Wireless devices like your PC Card can be configured to act like a wireless access point. I have heard that some people do it in airports and other high density areas to get personal information and phish for credit card numbers and SSNs from people who connect to the network thinking that it is real.
1/10/2005 4:48 PM
Interesting, although I don't think anyone around here would be that smart.
1/11/2005 11:57 AM
That is interesting, though why didn't you just tell me that to my face? We were probably both sitting at our computers when you typed that. Or is the computer easier to talk to than me? I'm kidding. See, now I'm a hypocrite because I'm writing this instead of saying it to your face...
1/13/2005 7:54 PM
Hey now I was at work when I wrote that. But now I am writing this while you are watching Jay Leno on the couch. HAHAHAHA!
1/13/2005 11:04 PM
that is just great. very cute.
my apartment/ dorm here is real gross. classes are hard. wondering if physics is the wrong direction for me. my roomies are all computer geeks, but play crappy games. Having Steph around is quite nice, but lol, i havnt gotten much work done.
wishing i had more time to play with computers again,
joel
1/14/2005 3:01 AM
What games do they play that are so crappy? Maybe you should play some drug wars :).
How is the weather in Hawaii? It must be much warmer than here right now. Now that Marissa and I leave farther away from campus we have to take the bus. Waiting for the bus has been a real bitch this week as we have a nice big ass artic front chilling us out.
1/14/2005 11:00 PM
That was supposed to be Ben speaking above in case you hadn't already figured it out.
1/14/2005 11:18 PM
I see...yeah, I'd love to talk physics with you if you wanna call me or something. What classes are you taking? My classes are...intriguing, but will be very difficult. I definitely need God's strength to help me through! Right now Intermediate Electrodynamics and Quantum are my hardest classes, though I have a couple easy concept classes that will be a lot of work. Like one I have to learn MATLAB for, but I don't really want to since I feel I've mastered Mathematica, and it's sooooo much better than MATLAB. MATLAB is quite different but not very capable (It's good at what it does but it doesn't do much). Anyways, I'm keeping busy especially with my dad's wedding this weekend! AHHH!!! I have to plan some more stuff but don't have the time!
Ok, I should've started a new thread, but alas, I'm replying to your old thread, Joel which had nothing to do with Wireless, so it's your fault. Oh, and yes, you should get on drugwars. Later.
1/17/2005 8:28 PM
Here's an article providing some detail about what I mentioned above regarding fake access points.
http://news.com.com/Evil+twin+could+pose+Wi-Fi+threat/2100-7349_3-5545355.html?tag=nefd.top
1/21/2005 12:47 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home