Look ma, it's wider!

Monday, April 25, 2005

Summer Break

Hey all! It's been a long semester/year and I am definately looking forward to summer break. I was curious when everyone gets off school. I know CU's last final is May 5th so I'm in the clear after that. When do you guys get off? I won't be going on vacation for a while and the one I am going on will be short so I'll be around pretty much all summer. Unfortunately I will be working a fair amount and possibly helping to design a new systems course. I know that some people are going on a buttload of vacations and I'm curious where you guys are going and how long you'll be gone. Well good luck with finals and I look forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks.

12 Comments:

Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

Oh yeah I changed the template, in case you didn't notice, as the other one was a little dark and getting boring.

4/25/2005 1:15 AM

 
Blogger Marissa said...

I agree, the change is nice. Ben, you should post a link to that Darth Vader blog. That was great.

I'm actually taking a fair amount of vacations this summer and I'm also not going to work full time like I did last summer so I'll be around more too.

On June 11-19 I'm going to Belize so I'm really excited about that. Then sometime in late July I think I'm going to Florida for my cousins wedding and in August I might go to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Ben and I might take a quick vacation in May, and probably another in July. I want to go to San Francisco since my school's travel agency is having a good deal, but I'll have to consult with Mr. Money Miser, so we'll see. :) I'm kidding Ben!

So yeah, that pretty much sums up my summer.

4/25/2005 8:40 PM

 
Blogger Jess Clark said...

Yeah, I saw the template! first thing I noticed.

No real vacations here, perhaps another trip to vegas...perhaps.

Anyway, I will be working a lot as well, but I would like to at least start working on building a computer.

I am done on May 7th.

Sounds like a lot of fun trips!

4/26/2005 4:13 PM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

Oh yeah I forgot you went to Vegas. How was that? You went with Nicole right?


I am finished with school at the end of next monday but I have a f*#%ing 7:30am Saturday morning final. One thing I really hate about CU is they dont't give us any time to prepare for finals. You finish class on Friday and start finals early Saturday morning.

4/26/2005 4:58 PM

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Benny Boy ~ you would know about Gus's Vegas trip if you were on DW. ;)

If it makes you feel any better, Mines only gives us 1 day off before finals...class Thursday, nothing Friday, exams Saturday.

The last possible final is on Thursday, May 12th...I think Ben and I both finish on the 11th.

As for the summer...I'll be working, though I'm not sure how much, as there's not room in the office for me Monday-Wednesday, but I'll be finding out soon, I hope. The only "vacation" I know of at this point is our trip with a school group to China, which should be awesome. We leave at the end of July and return mid-August...4 days before school starts.

Good luck with finals, everyone!

4/26/2005 6:31 PM

 
Blogger Jess Clark said...

Vegas was good, ask me about in person some time and I will tell you. Too many words to type.

We get the weekend to study for finals, execpt I don't have any on Monday, so I have 3 days.

Then I have Tues-Thurs. full of finals and then I have to play at graduation.

I have this one test: 5.5 hours worth of music, all records, the teacher will randomly pick a record and drop the kneedle on it somewhere and we have to identify it!

4/26/2005 7:21 PM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

Ahh the famous needle drop

4/26/2005 9:29 PM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

Hey Jess if it's cool to ask...how much were you planning on spending to build the new pc? If you don't want to spend too much you might want to consider going with a refurbished machine. You can generally get pretty good deals on those and even get a warranty.

4/27/2005 4:18 PM

 
Blogger Ben Drake said...

Yeah Andrea pretty much summed it up. I should have a lot of time free, though I don't know my work schedule yet because I haven't gotten a job. I know it sounds late, but I haven't heard from my last interview because my interviewer got swamped. I should hear back within the next few days though...

It's a mix between being excited for the end of the year and being weighed down by all that's due so soon! Oh well...soon it'll all be over!

4/27/2005 10:11 PM

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Wow, Gus, that really doesn't sound like fun. Well, it would be fun if you knew all of the songs, or if it wasn't for a grade...but blech!!! All of our tests are pretty standard...2 hour maximum, though I know that one will probably take me about 50 minutes...
But hey, something we have in common...we get to play at graduation too. 1 song. The Star-Spangled Banner. That's it. It's almost not worth showing up (this is the first year in like 40 years that we've done it or something), but I have to be there anyway, so whatever. But we have to show up and we don't even "get" to play Pomp & Circumstance. Oh well...

4/27/2005 10:15 PM

 
Blogger Jess Clark said...

Well, I am hoping it rains on graduation. It did that my freshman year and it got cancelled.

Last year we played for like 4 hours, we got free breakfast, but what a pain!

4/27/2005 11:07 PM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

How many students are at UMC? I imagine that graduation is pretty big there...must be boring. I know CU's is pretty big and I'm not sure if I even want to go to the main ceremony. I think I might just go to my school's ceremony. Hmmm although the parental units will probably want to go to both...

4/28/2005 7:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home