Look ma, it's wider!

Thursday, October 27, 2005

info

lol hey guys! well I don't Joel knew how to make a new post...so I'm going to make one for him :D
Joel said...

ok i would just like to say drake is a gorgeous guy.
and i just saw my first cactus tree, growing next to a palm tree. it had a trunk with bark and branches and everything. ya.
and everyone break out your passports, make sure they dont expire before august. get em if you dont have em. if you get a new one, yours will include (free) an RFID tag. yippee. I should also note that it is a 3-day trip to victoria... suggestions?

19 Comments:

Blogger Stepherella said...

I also would just like to say that Ben is a gorgeous guy.

"I should also note that it is a 3-day trip to victoria... suggestions?"
Joel means that his parents were going to drive up in their motor-home so that perhaps some of you could save money and catch a ride with them...The only thing is that it takes a while to get there driving and some people might have to take a week off work and such. Well I guess Joel's parents aren't sure that anyone would go with them...so they're talking about NOT driving. Which I think is sad and I would love to see you guys come up...I know it's totally waaaaaaaaaaaay the heck early to be asking, but it's really on my mind that poor Joel isn't going to be able to have all the people he cares about in his life at such an important event...plus I feel guilty that it's going to be in Canada. (The main reason we desided to have it there was, because I have a very large family). I don't know...I just have this fear that Joel won't have many people there that are important to him. We don't think much of his family will come and it's a lot to ask his friends to travel so far...okay well yeah that's my post for today.

10/27/2005 12:52 AM

 
Blogger Jess Clark said...

What? ok this makes a little more sence now. I have no idea why I wouldn't want to comeup there for it; and it people are car pooling, hey I am all for it.

10/27/2005 1:15 AM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

Hey guys. Could you list the exact dates of the wedding? Eg. When we should be there, how long we should stay, etc.

10/27/2005 1:33 PM

 
Blogger Stepherella said...

August 8th 2006 (Tuesday)
we'll have a bunch/gift opening thing the next am.
Um it's up to you guys how long you'd want to stay...I don't know how long Joel's parents would plan to stay or when they would want to get there.

10/27/2005 2:02 PM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

I think Marissa and I will have to fly up. I won't have much vacation at my job so we won't be able to stay long or drive up. It'll be awesome to see you guys get married. Are you excited? Haha that's a stupid question I'm sure but I had to ask.

10/27/2005 2:56 PM

 
Blogger Marissa said...

Yeah, I know I can make it no problem because that's during my summer break. We'll have to see what Ben's schedule is like though before we can make any definite plans. Still, it would be a lot of fun!

10/27/2005 8:20 PM

 
Blogger Jess Clark said...

Yeah; I would guess that I will be able to take off work. Plus I think I would like to drive (just becuase I love driving) as long as gas prices then aren't over 5$ a gallon!

random Question: what are the gas prices (now) like in Canada? Do You know?

10/27/2005 11:33 PM

 
Blogger zwiffig said...

ya, um. the US still has it easy. Cheapest gas in the world. in Canada its currently a little over $1 CAN per liter... somewhere around $4 a gallon US. (in eastern CAN its over $2 a liter)

But don't be discouraged! I know that its inconvenient to make plans like these. Steph and I are working real hard to try and make it as easy as possible.

10/28/2005 3:18 PM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

Don't worry Joel. It's no trouble to come see you guys get married!

10/28/2005 5:45 PM

 
Blogger Jess Clark said...

Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much, I will defiently be there and my loving of driving is quite strong.

10/28/2005 6:59 PM

 
Blogger Stepherella said...

we don't have any place booked as of yet... but some where close to Victoria (although if flying, going to Vancouver, then taking the ferry might be cheaper).
Family will prob be staying with family. Anyone can camp out in my backyard (Shawnigan Lake, Vancouver Island).
Haven't looked into hotels yet..

10/29/2005 4:49 AM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

You have to take a ferry from Seattle to Victoria. Seattle is a nice town though. The ferry is a little boring.

10/29/2005 5:31 PM

 
Blogger Jess Clark said...

"Anyone can camp out in my backyard" - Will it be cold?

"The ferry is a little boring." - Yes and Airplanes are ohh so much fun!

10/29/2005 7:51 PM

 
Blogger zwiffig said...

its august, it will be hot. even nice at night.
i think the ferry is like 3-4 hours if u go straight from seattle. its not that bad, theres stuff to do, u dont sit in your car. and its killer whale season that time of year.

10/30/2005 3:41 AM

 
Blogger Stepherella said...

***Sorry for the uber long comment..I just wanted to give you guys some possible helpful info.***

I have found that some of the cheaper ways to get from CO to BC are:
A. Fly from DEN-SEA then take the quick shuttle (a cruise passenger bus) up into Vancouver, then a city bus to the ferry, and someone picks me up onthe other side. This way works well if you don't carry a huge amount of luggage.
B. Greyhound...cheap and creepy
C. Random cheap flights from DEN-YVR to YYJ (Victoria) is usually like an extra $200-300 more well the ferry and and nice bus that takes you from YVR to(and ferry) Victoria is about $40-50
D. I don't normally take the Seattle ferries, because I haven't found a way other then a taxi to get from SEA to the ferries.
there are several different ones, the Victoria Clipper, Victoria Express, Washington State Ferries and Blackball Transport.
Here are some websites:
http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/
http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/visitors_center/index.cfm?fuseaction=travel_victoria
http://www.victoriaclipper.com/victoria_clipper_ferry_service
http://www.bcferries.com/
https://www.quickshuttle.com/index.htm

There are three main routes (via ferry) to get from the Vancouver Area to the Island (we take the first one the most)
1)Vancouver - Victoria (Tsawwassen-Swartz Bay)
Crossing Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
Distance: 24 nautical miles
2)Vancouver - Nanaimo (Tsawwassen-Duke Point)
Crossing Time: 2 hours
Distance: 38 nautical miles
3)West Van - Nanaimo (Horseshoe Bay-Departure Bay)
Crossing Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
Distance: 30 nautical miles

About Bus Service:
http://www.bcferries.com/travel_planning/frequently_asked_questions.html#bus

Group Fares on bc ferries:
Discount rates are available for groups of 15 or more, travelling together, as walk-on passengers or in one vehicle. Book at least 7 days in advance.

Also I've heard that Airlines give Wedding discounts...Apparently you tell them you'd like a discount password for your wedding guests, and they give 10% off!! lol Not much but some is better then nothing :D (We have not talked to any airlines as of yet..)

10/30/2005 4:19 AM

 
Blogger Ben Drake said...

What's with all this "Drake/Ben is a gorgeous guy" stuff?

I think having it in Canada just gives us a good excuse to see the beautiful countryside. I love the North, and I'm honored to be able to attend. I haven't yet decided whether to fly or drive. Driving would be a kick if we made a road trip of it. It would be fairly cheap if we all chipped in. Time is an issue, though, so we'll have to see what happens closer to the Big Day.

I don't think it could happen, but it'd be awesome if my dad would fly there in the Aztec. I don't even know if he's invited, and if he was, I'm not sure he'd be able to make it. Plus it's so expensive to fly, and it's grounded right now. It probably will be until next spring :(. Long story...

Oh, and on a side note, I'm done with the FE (Fundamentals of Engineering) exam. It was pretty brutal, and Andrea and I won't find out how well we did until approximately Christmas. What a big load off, though!

10/30/2005 4:39 PM

 
Blogger Jess Clark said...

Greyhound? lol! Man I remember Joel talking about taking the Greyhound up there and how fun it was ;-)

I for one would love a road trip, plus perhaps a little canadian gambling...perpahs. Anyway, any of these ideas would work just fine,

Y is the plane grounded now?

I wasn't complaining about Ferriers, The one I was on was fun (going up to PEI).

10/30/2005 5:18 PM

 
Blogger Ben Drake said...

There's contamination in the engine requiring the case halves to be split. Might as well do an overhaul, but they're very costly. My dad's looking for salvaged Axtecs with cheap engines or something. Or if any of you know where to get a lot time Lycoming TIO-540-CIA, that'd be great. I'm so sad...

10/31/2005 3:01 PM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

Sell the plane and get a ferrari :P

11/01/2005 11:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home