Look ma, it's wider!

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Please look at this

Please Look at this and tell me what you think:

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/xpsdt_400?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~tab=specstab#tabtop

Comes with a free 19in Flat pannel upgrade.

19 Comments:

Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

It looks like a pretty solid starting platform but I don't know what video card comes with it. Did you already configure and price it or are you looking at the starting point and looking for options?

10/20/2005 4:23 PM

 
Blogger zwiffig said...

ok, they charge a hefty 1600 for the outfit that i think would be nice. for 900 you only get 80 gig hd, no dvd burner and a semi-decent video card. Their most reasonable outfit includes a gig of ram, 250 gig drive, dvd burner, nicer video card etc. but even though it includes a 19" monitor and its pre-built with support from dell etc, i say its overpriced by about $500. I built nearly the exact same computer, but with a different processor, for my friend here about a month ago for 800, no monitor.

10/20/2005 4:34 PM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

Ok, I cannot customize the system. I think I am being redirected to a corporate account site since I'm on my work's intranet. Dell designs some pretty garbage websites.

10/20/2005 4:45 PM

 
Blogger zwiffig said...

ok, so with bare min upgrades, ( i think the video and the processor) it comes to like 1040. and then of course uve got shipping and whatever u decide to spend at newegg. not bad. i highly recommend getting the dual core. i really think its worth it.

10/20/2005 4:50 PM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

Check this out. Looks very similar but cheaper.

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/featured_desktops?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&DGSite=qIrAQ1ge80RHAkYwlqxh0038154390

10/20/2005 4:51 PM

 
Blogger Jess Clark said...

The DImension 9100 aftet s/h and taxes comes to:

$1024.

This also includes Duel Processor and DVD writer.

Plus there is a $100 mail in rebate.

I think this is what I am going to do. Thanks everyone!

10/20/2005 5:30 PM

 
Blogger zwiffig said...

oooh. wise. excellent find there Ben. :D now Joel is all worked up about computers.

last night i was very frustrated because i couldnt get my bluetooth pda to connect to my computer via bluetooth for the life of me. is there anyone else that has experience with this? Ben? u have a pda right?

10/20/2005 5:47 PM

 
Blogger Jess Clark said...

With my phone, I can tooth stuff from my computer to my phone, but not from my phone to my computer.

What a problem child!

10/20/2005 7:04 PM

 
Blogger Marissa said...

Hehe, tooth. That reminds me of those crazy British people and their "toothing". Although, knowing the reputation Americans have we're probably the ones who started it.

10/20/2005 10:00 PM

 
Blogger Jess Clark said...

I totally forgot about that. Funny that you should bring it up....that sounds link a Ben comment! :-) j/k

10/20/2005 10:09 PM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

Sorry Joel. I have no experience whatsoever (sp?) with bluetooth.

I do however have tons of experience with toothing. Haha just kidding. It turns out that toothing was a farce that a bunch of people in Britan made up for media attention. Too bad, I really wanted to try that.

10/20/2005 10:16 PM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

Hey Jess, let us know if you get it. You'll have to show it off over christmas. Damn I'm gonna miss having the shortest loading times :P

10/21/2005 1:16 AM

 
Blogger Jess Clark said...

Ohh yeah baby! I sure did! They are building it now and then it will be shipped on the 26th! Then I think it will be here the first week of November. It will aswome! The Duel Monitors, ohh baby!

10/21/2005 11:23 AM

 
Blogger Ben Drake said...

The 9100 does look like quite the deal...you'd be the first one with dual cores! PCI express seems to be the wave of the future for vid cards too...highly upgradeable. So what'd you end up doing?

10/21/2005 1:39 PM

 
Blogger Ben Drake said...

whoops, I didn't refresh before posting. Awesome buy Jess! I'm stoked for break. Will you be able to get anything done in school, lol?

10/21/2005 1:40 PM

 
Blogger Jess Clark said...

No kidding Gabe? What did you get?

And for the conversation I did text message you about it!

And I hope to get work done!!! I have a recital coming up in 3 weeks!

10/21/2005 8:02 PM

 
Blogger Marissa said...

I knew toothing was fake, but you insisted it was real Ben. It sounded a little too "out there", even for a Brit. :)

10/23/2005 8:37 AM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

I was just so excited over the whole idea that I wanted to believe it :) I was very ashamed that I fell for such a stupid thing and learned a valuable lesson. Be analytical/critical of everything. Skepticism is one of life's most powerful tools of survival.

10/23/2005 11:16 PM

 
Blogger zwiffig said...

aye, thats the Ben I know...

10/30/2005 4:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home