Ski Trip Continued
Okay, this post is per Gabe's request. Anyway, I know we talked about getting a condo last season, but it didn't really work out so let's all try really hard this year. ;)
Anyway, I'm not sure who is going to be around for winter break, but I'd like to start getting some definitive yeah or nays on who wants to go because we should probably start looking for places soon. I don't mind organizing everything, but I have a few conditions. First I need to know who is going (oh, and I vote Winter Park because I hate Copper. If you want to go to Copper, you're on your own. It seems like Copper isn't too high on anyone elses list so..) but back to what I was saying. I'd like to know who is interested and how much we're willing to spend. I think condos are best. That way we can cook there and not worry about going out, but I'm open to other opinions on this. Also dates are important. I heard a few after New Years dates. I think the few days before Christmas might be good because they're often considered early season and therefore cheaper, but I'm open to other dates as well.
So I think we should start getting a list of who is going. I know Ben and I will go, now who else?
10 Comments:
Yeah, I'm in.
I think it was my request. Winter Park is great ( I don't think I have ever been to Cooper).
I am free from December 12th to Janurary 9th.
Also, Thanks for organizing all of this.
10/30/2005 7:25 PM
Cooper's different than Copper. Both kinda suck...
My break starts from the 17th, and goes until the 10th. My cousin's getting married the 29th though, so I'll be gone for that. I'm probably going to drive down (2 days each way), so I'd say I definitely can't go if it's during the 26th to the 31st. Since I haven't made concrete plans for that yet, I can kinda work around when we think is best to go skiing. (I'll probably stay a week, but I'm not sure if it'll be the week leading up to, or after...) So, yeah, I'm in. If we all pitch in and don't get a ski-out condo, I don't think it'll be too much. How many nights should we stay? 2? 3? Heck yeah, I'm gettin' excited.
10/31/2005 3:10 PM
The CEO at the company I work for has a condo in Winter Park. I might carefully bring up the idea of borrowing it someday (though I've heard him tell people no before). So I'll keep you posted.
So far there's five of us? Okay. I'll see what I can find.
10/31/2005 6:57 PM
I ment Copper, I didn't know there was a cooper too!
10/31/2005 10:55 PM
Whats the word?
11/04/2005 5:52 PM
Wow, friends in high places! That'd be pretty sweet if it worked out, but if not, we'll find another way. I'll probably be up at WP this thanksgiving break maybe Friday or the weekend, though it's bound to be crowded. If you guys remember Elliot the tele skier, he should be in town so I'm hopin' to hang with him. It'd be cool to get a gang goin' up there, if anybody else is interested.
How's school goin, everyone?
11/04/2005 11:37 PM
All right! Ben and I have tickets to go see the new Warren Miller film on Sunday so hopefully that will get Ben pumped to go skiing. Ben, do you hear that? I think you're a downer! I'm kidding, but you could be a little more enthusiastic about skiing you know.
I haven't had a chance to talk to Rick (the CEO) yet. He's been busy doing CEO things and hasn't really been around lately. I'll let you know when I hear from him.
Also, I've gone skiing over Thanksgiving break before and it never seems crowded to me. Everyone seems to think that November is too early to ski so it seems like no one goes. I don't know, maybe it's just me!
11/05/2005 1:47 AM
School's going pretty good actually. Ben and I received double A+'s on our presentation (One grade for style, one for content) from that crazy English teacher I was complaining about earlier on the board. I've been taking this week off after working so hard for the last couple of weeks, but I'm about to start back up again. *Sigh*. Only 5 more weeks! Yippee!
11/05/2005 1:50 AM
Hey Drake, yeah I was considering going skiking over the weekend as well; I would love to join you (if enough runs are open) on Friday, I can't on Saturday because I am going to see Phantom of the Opera.
11/05/2005 6:40 PM
Shucks, I wanted to see the WM films so bad! How was it? The trailer looked sweet. I've asked for WM and Teton Gravity Research films for the last few Christmases but haven't received any, so I splurged and bought some for myself. I'm so stoked to go skiing!
Good job on your presentation! Say if your boss still hasn't gotten back to you, I got an email about $99 condo deals at WP. They won't give any details online-you have to call 1.888.583.8188. That deal ends November 18th, so it might be worth checkin' into. We might be somewhat limited by the size of our condo, but if it jacks up the price too much, I wouldn't mind sleeping on the couch or the floor or whatever. Let me know what you think...
11/08/2005 4:43 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home