Look ma, it's wider!

Friday, October 21, 2005

Sorry

Sorry for not checking this more often! There's been a lot of cool posts, and a lot of neat pictures. I really don't have much of an excuse for not checking it...I just keep forgetting or don't have the time. Anyways, it's awesome that we can keep up with each other this way until we see each other again.

Andrea and I have a huge 8 hour exam next saturday called the FE (fundamentals of engineering) exam. To be considered a Professional Engineer you must pass the FE, work for 4 years, then pass the PE exam. I still don't know what I'm going to do after school, so I'm keeping my options open. I might work in aerospace/defense or maybe hydro power or power systems engineering. I'll most likely graduate in May and then come back for a year of grad school at mines. I can double count some undergrad/grad credit and I'm already getting rid of the prereqs. by taking the electives that I am. That's my story for now. I hope we can get together soon!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jess Clark said...

8 hours! Man, I dunno if I could concertrate for 8 hours! Is the entire test written? Like multiple choice and short and answer?

If there was a practical part of the test that would help me, so that you weren't sitting in a chair for 8 hours straight.

Anyway, good luck with that and let us know how it goes.

10/22/2005 12:45 PM

 
Blogger Marissa said...

That doesn't sound like fun. Good luck you two!

Have you been studying a long time for this?

10/23/2005 8:24 AM

 
Blogger Ben Drake said...

I don't think there is anything except multiple choice. Yeah, I wish there were a "lab" portion! We haven't studied enough...It's difficult to review everything you've studied for four years at any sort of depth, but we still need to go over some weak points. I have to study up on classes I never actually took, like mechanics of materials and fluids, though I think I'll do ok because of my rigorous physics background. At least I hope so!

10/23/2005 3:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home