Worst Professor Ever
Ben and I are in the midst of what is probably the class taught by the worst professor I've ever had. Give her another week and she'll probably beat that crazy lesbian feminist instructor I had last semester in my women's stupid class (I don't even remember its real name). I'm just curious to know about others' experience with the worst teacher of their college career and why. In my experience, usually the worst teachers are the ones who only want to hear opinions that match their own. In the case of this teacher, the topic of the class is "empathy", but I think she needs to learn a little first before she can claim to teach it.
7 Comments:
Good luck with your test. Let us know how it goes!
10/21/2005 8:04 PM
So, one of my worst teachers in College was a math class. Well I figured that I could take it easy and take: "Math for the loiberal Arts". OMG, bad idea, we had to write a math-autobiography! The story of how I learned math. JEBUS! So, in the class I didn't do much homework, I had like a 50% in my homwork bin, but all my tests were 100%; I ended up getting a B in the class. I would have dropped it, but in my "Group" there was a really hot chick. Anyway, we are now re-designing the math website at my work and I don't think I am part of it currently, but my boss has to deal with her! At meetings (re-accounted to me) she flat out critizes our department and the work we do. What a bitch.
10/21/2005 8:07 PM
Yeah, I hear ya, Marissa. I've definitely had my share of bad teachers, but good ones as well. The bad ones usually aren't knowledgable (why are they there?), and simply go through book examples all throughout class time. They don't explain key concepts and waste class time. The most frustrating is when they think they're class is the best and only class we're taking. As such, they cream us with so much work and little explanation so it's easy to get bogged down and start hating the class.
For my liberal arts classes, they have, for the most part been good. Andrea and I are in this program where the teachers (moderators) volunteer. It works best when there's lively discussion, but we can also play off the moderators' expertise. In the Power and Leadership class I'm in right now, I've learned a great deal (much more than I would've thought) about life after school. It's been fun.
For the most part, teachers that leave no room for dissent are told to leave. I'm glad I don't have to put up with those feminazis...I heard a few weeks ago that one at UNC assigned all her class to go home and masturbate. Doesn't that sound absurd and innappropriate? How do you score that assignment?
10/21/2005 8:58 PM
Where did you hear that? Do you remember the teachers name?
10/22/2005 12:46 PM
I agree with you Ben. All of my worst teachers (aka, the CU Chemistry Department) have taught staight out of the book.
Can you tell I'm a little bit irritated with my teacher right now? But really I've haven't had that many bad teachers. Every semester there are teachers that I like more than others. This semester has been a little worse than usual.
I have this chemisty professor (same one from last semester) whose first tests' average was a 30. If that wasn't bad enough he proceeded to come to class on Monday and lecture us on what bad students we were for getting such low test scores. However the test covered material that wasn't in our book and we hadn't gone over in class, so I'm not sure how we were supposed to know it. It also covered material that the professor specifically told us would not be on the test. What an asshole. Anyway, I just took another test Thursday and it was better, so hopefully he learned from his mistake. As me again on Monday though when we get our tests back. :)
Oh and Gabe, I'm taking physics 2010 next semester so I really hope I don't get that professor of yours!
10/23/2005 8:34 AM
Jess, my roommate's brother goes there and I heard the story through him. I think he's a freshman, but not sure. Anyhow, he couldn't remember the professor's name, but the class was called "Women's Studies." Apparently all but like two students were female (and we all know why the guys were there...), so she told them all to go home and masturbate as their assignment for the day.
10/23/2005 3:30 PM
Well it sounds like a pretty easy assignment to get an A on
10/25/2005 12:42 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home