Look ma, it's wider!

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving


happy birthday blog. I think you turned one like 5 days ago.

Does anyone else have a local Wal-Mart selling xmas trees yet? i mean the real kind.

so for thanksgiving im going to Steph's dads. Should be fun, he's a great cook. you can tell its autumn here, all the leaves have turned pretty colors and its cooler. The sun sets earlier etc. NOT. It feels just like summer in all respects :D or should i say :P

There are disadvantges to living in paradise: the thousands of huge cockraoches everywhere, the 200+ inches of rain, the insane cost of food, living and gas. But there are also advantages. Like... living in paradise for one :D

I am so looking forward to xmas. I get to meet some of Stephs family from her dads side. They are coming out here for a bit. so is her mom and one of her good friends. its also the only reminder of the seasons that anyone gets here. i mean, like theres peppermint drinks at starbucks and egg nog and xmas candles and stuff. cozy.

only 2.5 more weeks of school left yay! crap, id better get going on those assignments...

13 Comments:

Blogger Stepherella said...

I'd like to comment that the days HAVE been getting shorter lol (normally it's about 630 that is gets dark and now it's 5:45 ish and it's totally dark.

11/20/2005 7:14 PM

 
Blogger Marissa said...

I can't wait for Christmas either. I love all the lights, buying Christmas trees and shopping! I also love listening to Christmas songs, but Ben has been complaining that his boss at work always listens to a radio station that plays Xmas tunes non-stop. So it looks like I'm going to have to be a closet-Christmas-song-listener this year.

Speaking of gas, I'm really glad that the price has gone down. Did those stupid oil execs really think that America wouldn't notice $10 billion in profits?

11/21/2005 9:13 AM

 
Blogger Stepherella said...

How much is petrol and diesel in Colorado?

11/21/2005 1:42 PM

 
Blogger Ben Drake said...

you guys are hilarious. It must be really weird being in Hawaii in the winter. Even though it's been warm, there's still snow on the ground and it gets dark at about 5 now.

I love Christmas too, Marissa! There isn't anything about this season that is bad...It's all about family, friends, egg nog, giving, breaks from school, skiing, tradition, and great music! In fact a bunch of us are going to go caroling to some retirement homes and on a street corner sometime in December. That'll be awesome. Oh, and Trans Siberian Orchestra is in town today and tomorrow (they're playing in Colorado Springs tomorrow). I would've gone, but their prices are pretty outrageous. Oh yeah, speaking of TSO, check this out http://www.break.com/articles/houselights.html. Amazing...Maybe I can do that when I put up lights this year...lol.

Oh, and Steph, petrol's comin' down almost to $2.00/gal for 85 octane, and about $2.60/gal for diesel.

11/22/2005 6:12 PM

 
Blogger Stepherella said...

Hey! I just learnt that Joel and I are going to be sharing Thanksgiving dinner with the guy who discovered Xena (among about 5 other guys who have a Ph.D in physics)...Should be interesting!!! lol!
Oh and on a side note Jessie's beau Zack just asked their dad for Jessies hand in marriage! So both of the Weis kids are going to get married in 2006! (they are going to have their wedding about 4 months after ours, in Dec or Jan)

11/22/2005 11:44 PM

 
Blogger Marissa said...

I guess Jessie couldn't be outdone by Joel huh? Pretty crazy, both of them being married already! Well, good luck to both.

Forgive me if I sound stupid, but what is Xena? Somehow I don't think it's a warrior princess...

11/24/2005 11:03 AM

 
Blogger Stepherella said...

Xena is the tenth planet :D

11/24/2005 12:54 PM

 
Blogger zwiffig said...

Ben, that xmas lights video impresses a great many people here :D.
btw way, could EVERYONE please please please post or send me an address? the snail mail type? mahalo. and happy thanksgiving and mele kalikimaka.

11/24/2005 3:13 PM

 
Blogger Marissa said...

There's a tenth planet? Where have I been?

11/26/2005 5:42 PM

 
Blogger Jess Clark said...

Wait, I thought Pluto just reciendly was thrown out as a planet and was just thoguth to be an escaped moon of Neptune, is this true?

11/26/2005 8:52 PM

 
Blogger Marissa said...

Gabe, what is the purpose of that little rhyme of yours?

11/26/2005 11:25 PM

 
Blogger Marissa said...

Oh wait, it's the planets isn't it? Never mind. I need to learn to think a little before I blog.

11/26/2005 11:26 PM

 
Blogger Jess Clark said...

I learned a little poem:

Mercury, Venus, Earth, planet of our birth
Mars, Jupiter, Saturn with rings that turn and turn
Uranus, Neptune and Pluto, the farthest planet we know

Humm, perhaps it is a wee bit out dated now.

11/27/2005 10:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home