I'm excited about my classes this year. Microbiology is interesting, lol but I can baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarely understand what she's saying (very high pitched Japanese voice). It's funny though, during roll call people aren't quite sure if that was their name they heard or not, so she says it about three times per person, and we get it on the third try. Well I was planning on writing more but I just looked at the clock and I have to get to class. so ttyl keep us updated! pleeeeeeeeeease
That's great to hear, Steph! For me, it's difficult to tell if I'll like my classes. Actually I've only been to two, and one of them I'm certain I will be a lot of work in something that doesn't really interest me. There are, however, two classes that could be really neat and another class that I'm hoping I'll thoroughly enjoy.
Today was our first day so it will be almost another week before I've gone to all my different classes. In general though, I'm clinging to the hope that this semester will be a great one, despite all the busy-ness of searching out what I'm going to do apres school...I don't know if I'm going to come back to CSM for grad school or start my career path.
p.s. Well this term I'm taking: Biology, Microbiology & Lab, Sociology, and Geography. Biology is pretty much a review; I took Human biology last term and enjoyed it. I have also had this teacher before (she even remembers my name!) so I know how the quiz’s are and such. Micro, like I said earlier seems fun; I bought a lab coat and goggles so I feel like a goofy sort of important. I hear that the teacher is insane for nit picking and I just barely got into that class (too many people, small lab room and equipment). So I know that they are going to be my hardest classes, but by far the mot interesting. Sociology seems fun so far, lol the teacher reminds me of a monkey, lol (shhhhhhhh) and a few people are annoying, like a girl who "knows everything" but doesn't make sense and a guy who asks weird questions. (Like what's that word? three or four times..yes the same word on the board) Oh geography, when I'm not calling it geology (it's driving Joel nuts lol) it's really fun the teacher is great, very friendly and very intelligent. The way he talks about things is just nice to listen to, and you feel like you understand and are learning something. Besides school everyone we know is sick!!!! lol (here anyways) Really. We came back and Joel's roommate Tylor was sick. Then Joel and I got sick. Then our friend Nick got sick, now our friends Summer and Ryan are getting sick and my dad is as well. The bad thing is that it's a baaaaaaad sick, like sore throat, every muscle in your body hurts, you're freezing and sweating at the same time and a stuffed or runny nose! And here we all are going to class, spreading it around....seems sort of silly. But you can't really miss the first days of class, cuz they'll think you're dropping the class and drop you out. Not good. Oh yes and Jessie is engaged. ttyl
I haven't started school yet but I must say that I am beginning to feel the early symptoms of Senioritis. The fact that a job and Europe are waiting is complicating the matter further. I cannot wait until graduation; this will probably feel like the longest semester yet. I need to keep remininding myself to enjoy my last few months in college. It is afterall supposed to be the best time of my life :P
At this point I find it unlikely that I will ever return to school but never say never. I hope everyone has a great semester and I look forward to updates.
Man, I can't believe everyone's sick. I thought in Hawai'i nobody got sick. I mean, it's paradise, so how can you?! That's too bad. Is it some strain of the flu? Can you study it in microbiology? Anyways, I hope you guys get over it soon.
Ben, I've felt senioritis since freshman year. You know how people are always so excited to come back to school after break? Well not me. Ok, that sounds really bad. I do enjoy school, but what I really enjoy is learning, and I can't wait to do that on my own terms, all the time! You know, if you wanna learn something, read a book, but not what they tell you. Plus, I am exhausted of all my creative juices. I feel like I can't think originally. Yeah, I hear everyone say that college should be the best time of your life, but I don't care about what other people say. They also said that the friendships you make in college will somehow be more meaningful and you'll drift apart from other friends. We refused to accept that. I've made a ton of great friends at Mines, but it's not like they've replaced you guys! It just adds to the joy!
In any case, I am ready for something new, and I think this last semester will fly by...in a good way, I'm hoping.
5 Comments:
I'm excited about my classes this year. Microbiology is interesting, lol but I can baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarely understand what she's saying (very high pitched Japanese voice). It's funny though, during roll call people aren't quite sure if that was their name they heard or not, so she says it about three times per person, and we get it on the third try.
Well I was planning on writing more but I just looked at the clock and I have to get to class.
so ttyl
keep us updated! pleeeeeeeeeease
1/11/2006 4:15 PM
That's great to hear, Steph! For me, it's difficult to tell if I'll like my classes. Actually I've only been to two, and one of them I'm certain I will be a lot of work in something that doesn't really interest me. There are, however, two classes that could be really neat and another class that I'm hoping I'll thoroughly enjoy.
Today was our first day so it will be almost another week before I've gone to all my different classes. In general though, I'm clinging to the hope that this semester will be a great one, despite all the busy-ness of searching out what I'm going to do apres school...I don't know if I'm going to come back to CSM for grad school or start my career path.
I miss ya'll and hope you're havin' a good one.
1/11/2006 4:43 PM
p.s.
Well this term I'm taking: Biology, Microbiology & Lab, Sociology, and Geography. Biology is pretty much a review; I took Human biology last term and enjoyed it. I have also had this teacher before (she even remembers my name!) so I know how the quiz’s are and such. Micro, like I said earlier seems fun; I bought a lab coat and goggles so I feel like a goofy sort of important. I hear that the teacher is insane for nit picking and I just barely got into that class (too many people, small lab room and equipment). So I know that they are going to be my hardest classes, but by far the mot interesting. Sociology seems fun so far, lol the teacher reminds me of a monkey, lol (shhhhhhhh) and a few people are annoying, like a girl who "knows everything" but doesn't make sense and a guy who asks weird questions. (Like what's that word? three or four times..yes the same word on the board) Oh geography, when I'm not calling it geology (it's driving Joel nuts lol) it's really fun the teacher is great, very friendly and very intelligent. The way he talks about things is just nice to listen to, and you feel like you understand and are learning something.
Besides school everyone we know is sick!!!! lol (here anyways) Really. We came back and Joel's roommate Tylor was sick. Then Joel and I got sick. Then our friend Nick got sick, now our friends Summer and Ryan are getting sick and my dad is as well. The bad thing is that it's a baaaaaaad sick, like sore throat, every muscle in your body hurts, you're freezing and sweating at the same time and a stuffed or runny nose! And here we all are going to class, spreading it around....seems sort of silly. But you can't really miss the first days of class, cuz they'll think you're dropping the class and drop you out. Not good.
Oh yes and Jessie is engaged.
ttyl
1/12/2006 1:20 AM
I haven't started school yet but I must say that I am beginning to feel the early symptoms of Senioritis. The fact that a job and Europe are waiting is complicating the matter further. I cannot wait until graduation; this will probably feel like the longest semester yet. I need to keep remininding myself to enjoy my last few months in college. It is afterall supposed to be the best time of my life :P
At this point I find it unlikely that I will ever return to school but never say never. I hope everyone has a great semester and I look forward to updates.
1/12/2006 1:40 PM
Man, I can't believe everyone's sick. I thought in Hawai'i nobody got sick. I mean, it's paradise, so how can you?! That's too bad. Is it some strain of the flu? Can you study it in microbiology? Anyways, I hope you guys get over it soon.
Ben, I've felt senioritis since freshman year. You know how people are always so excited to come back to school after break? Well not me. Ok, that sounds really bad. I do enjoy school, but what I really enjoy is learning, and I can't wait to do that on my own terms, all the time! You know, if you wanna learn something, read a book, but not what they tell you. Plus, I am exhausted of all my creative juices. I feel like I can't think originally. Yeah, I hear everyone say that college should be the best time of your life, but I don't care about what other people say. They also said that the friendships you make in college will somehow be more meaningful and you'll drift apart from other friends. We refused to accept that. I've made a ton of great friends at Mines, but it's not like they've replaced you guys! It just adds to the joy!
In any case, I am ready for something new, and I think this last semester will fly by...in a good way, I'm hoping.
1/12/2006 10:11 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home