Look ma, it's wider!

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Shredder Safety

I bought a shredder today for misc credit card applications and statments that I get and I thought that out of the 5 logo's on top the 4th one was the most interesting:



So I got to thinking I wonder how many people have lost ties to shredders. So I looked it up. I couldn't find anything on ties, but I found something on fingers:

"Between January 2000 and September 2005, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission received 50 reports of incidents involving finger amputations, lacerations, and other finger injuries from paper shredders, with small children suffering the majority of the injuries."

The article ( which can be found at: http://reviews.ebay.com/The-Necktie-vs-The-Paper-Shredder_W0QQugidZ10000000000722416 ) goes on to say:

"Consumers should practice ... safety measures when using a paper shredder"

So today, I will be practicing safty with my new shredder!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ben Drake said...

I think the tie is to say that you oughtn't have loose clothing that could jam in the shredder. We all know that if this happens, the shredder will suck you right in using those powerful jaws...Scary thought...

2/27/2006 10:56 AM

 
Blogger Marissa said...

Well, seeing how often you wear ties Jess I think you should be very very careful around that shedder.

2/27/2006 7:46 PM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

The shredder in my parents' house sets off the remote door bell every time it runs.

2/28/2006 7:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home