Look ma, it's wider!

Monday, May 29, 2006

Greetings from Europe

Hello everyone! Sorry Marissa and I missed the party, we were somewhere in the Loire Valley and didn't get the invitation ;). I'm currently writing from Venice, a very interesting albeit crowded (with tourists) city. We have been having a great time on our vacation especially since most of the places we have been going (with the exception of Venice) we have been around European tourists instead of American tourists. So far we have been to Paris, the Loire Valley, the Cinque Terre, and Venice. Tomorrow we leave for Paris again where we will spend the last few days going to Monet's gardens and a couple museums.

We will be home on the 3rd and look forward to catching up with everyone. We hope all is well with everyone.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

Well we offered but you insisted on sticking it out in your PhD program ;).

We are back in Paris now. Gabe you didn't tell us how noisy Italians are. HAHA

5/31/2006 2:30 AM

 
Blogger Jess Clark said...

That sounds great! I am sure you have many stories to tell and so do I!

5/31/2006 2:46 PM

 
Blogger Marissa said...

We're back! Ahh, the American keyboards are so nice. None of this shifting to use the "." key.

Hopefully we can call get together soon. We got your message Ben, I think we were still flying, or maybe stuck in Detroit. We landed from Paris at 5pm, sat in customst for 1hr30min waiting for our luggage to be unloaded and then boarded the airplane at 7:3o only to sit on the tarmack for another 2 hours before finally taking off. All because of a little rain and thunder. Don't you just love flying. Did I mention we almost missed our flight to Detroit from Paris? It was scary. They were boarding the plane while we were checking in. Yikes, luckily we sprinted all the way and the line in security wasn't long otherwise we wouldn't have made it.

I'm looking forward to hearing everyone elses stories. Gabe - when do you get back? The 11th right? Hurry up! ;)

6/04/2006 1:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home