Look ma, it's wider!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

He's back and better than ever

I'm back. Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. Truth be told, I've been putting it off because I get to see Jess, Gabe, Ben and Marissa, and I was hoping to be able to talk to Joel and Steph. It's nice to finally write down some thoughts, though.

The job has been going very well, but there is a lot of getting used to. Current tentative plans are for me to go to Austria for around two months starting in September. I've been working in the labs in Boulder on getting three servers up and running the mapping software and archiver for the aerial camera. I also got to install a camera in a Cessna 206 in Colorado Springs! Whewie! I'm lovin' it, and I hope they keep me around.

The other big thing in my life has been the purchase of my too-long-without CBR600RR05. I'm almost finished with the break-in and won't have to keep it under 10,000 rpm like I've been doin'. With a redline at 15 krpm and a peak hp at 13 krpm, I've not even felt it all out yet, but I can still tell you it's quick--like nothing I've felt before. The acceleration and all around handling is exhilerating. Gun it, look down, and you're already too fast. I can't wait to take it to the track where I won't get in trouble!

Also, Andrea and I got our tix:
Departure (DEN): August 11, 7:54 AM MDT
Arrival (SEA): August 11, 9:37 AM PDT

Departure (SEA): August 13, 4:11 PM PDT
Arrival (DEN): August 13, 7:45 PM MDT

It'd be really fun to go through Kenmore Aviation, but due to the extra expense, Andrea and I will likely take the 3:15 PM to 6:00 PM ferry there on Friday, and get up with your family, Joel, and hit up the 11:30 AM to 2:15 PM ferry on Sunday. I was just lookin' at that...will that give us enough time to get back to SEA and catch our flight? Coolio. I would definitely stay longer if I could, but I can't get the week off as a lowly contract worker :(. Sorry for such a long thread, but I know you guys can handle it! Take it easy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home