Look ma, it's wider!

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Microsoft OS Vista X

Lets face it, you're gonna be a Mac user whether you like it or not...

Corny yet true

P.S. I can't wait for all the hater posts I get from this.

12 Comments:

Blogger Jess Clark said...

Do you not remember the slogan: "Win95 = Mac89"? When I said that back in the day you gave me so much shit...humm, how many people remember that?

Please, in this day and age nothing is new; look at the principles of design; basically it is taking elements of something else and expanding on them.

Now, will I go to vista, I see no reason too.

Myself and the Mac users at my work this week were frustraited as hell with Safari. Safari and W3C standards? What a joke.

On a side note, the new version of IE for the PC (which I stopped from downloading) does have better accessibility features, which is nice although I am not blind so it doesn't help me much.

1/28/2007 2:25 PM

 
Blogger Gabe said...

Lets keep in mind, Microsoft IS NOT just a big copy machine sitting up in Washington... lol. Ben you know Im impressed with the mac, it comes with that dandy poker game we like to play. X for Vista.

1/29/2007 7:17 AM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

I sense some pent up anger. I changed my mind about Apple, you changed yours about downhill skiing. Welcome to the hypocrisy of adulthood :)

I'm not a web developer so I'm not familiar with the support or lack thereof a specific browser has for W3C standards. I don't particularly care for Safari from the browsing perspective anyway and use Firefox almost exclusively. I'm glad MS finally beefed up IE7 but it seems sluggish when I use it (moving between and opening new tabs isn't very snappy) and I've had it crash more often than IE6. I love how when Firefox 2 crashes it will reopen all the websites/tabs you were viewing prior to the event. Apple and MS take note.

I just find it terribly amusing how similar the new add ons to the Windows UI are to OS X. One thing not mentioned in the video, Spotlight's logo has a magnifying glass that tilted to the left Windows Search's logo is a magnifying glass tilted to the right. To be fair Apple copied MS in some respects, contextual right click menus for example. Imitation is the best form of flattery.

1/29/2007 9:10 AM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

Sadly the poker game was a trial that ran out. I need a new one.

Also, I really wish MSN Hearts ran on other browsers besides IE.

1/29/2007 9:11 AM

 
Blogger Jess Clark said...

I responded to this post and guess what happened, Google had an error. It happened to me a few other times before we switched over. It sucks that it doesn't save your comment when you go to the next screen and screws up.

Anyway, here is the jist of what I wanted to say five hours ago, or is it gist?

"
If I was younger than perhaps I would fight this one out, but no-a-days I just don't care so much anymore. The majority of my 'computing' is done for work and at work I use both platforms because I have to test everything religiously. The amount of time for games has dropped ( :-( ) which is really too bad.

Also, if I may quote inside of my quote: "I sense some pent up anger." <-- ohh please, you love to cause controversity, don't act like you don't!

"Spotlight's logo has a magnifying glass that tilted to the left Windows Search's logo" <-- I guess it wasn't as creative as the "recycle bin" vs "trash can".

I think it is sad though. The fact that I am starting to hate computers becuase the only thing I do with them is work. Ohh well, at least I have a sweet setup at work: http://www.fluteinfo.com/me/photo/index.php?counter=129
"

Now I will copy this message in hopes that blogger doesn't erase my post. I am surprised that there aren't ads on this thing yet; meh, thanks Google!

1/29/2007 9:27 PM

 
Blogger Marissa said...

Why stop at two monitors? I think we should all have four, why not five or even six?

1/30/2007 6:07 PM

 
Blogger Marissa said...

It never fails to amaze me that after an entire day of staring at the computer, Ben comes home and proceeds to spend the evening...staring at the computer. Way to go Ben. ;)

1/30/2007 6:09 PM

 
Blogger Jess Clark said...

Well my four, plus a PDA helps!

I can't do too much work or games after work anymore; way too much.

Also, where is Drake on this conversation? Have we lost him? Joel, you too?

1/30/2007 7:13 PM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

I want that Apple 30" display but am not willing to drop 2 grand on it. I'd rather go on vacation :)

I stare at a computer all day because I am an UBER L33T PWNZ0R (translation: nerd). *sigh*

1/31/2007 9:35 AM

 
Blogger Marissa said...

Remember, nerds make all the money and marry the pretty girls! ;)

2/01/2007 4:27 PM

 
Blogger Ben Drake said...

No comment. I'm interviewing for a position at Microsoft next week, hehe.

2/04/2007 12:33 PM

 
Blogger Jess Clark said...

Ohh, and good luck!

2/04/2007 3:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home