Look ma, it's wider!

Thursday, April 19, 2007

I'm back...Hawaii pics thus far

Ben insisted that I post some pics of us on our honeymoon (don't worry, there's nothing even PG-rated), so I'm back to post a few of those. Hope they make you jealous.

The best pictures of us so far are from the helicopter ride over the island. The guidebook Ben got said that "you haven't seen Kauai until you've seen it from the sky," or something kinda corny like that. Well, as corny as it was, it was so true. A lot of the island is private, used for growing sugar cane or whatever, and other parts are only accessible by helicopter or by swimming...long distances...but we were able to see them while we were up there. South Pacific (for those of you who can remember all the way back to Mr. Bergferd's class and watching that move - Happy Talk and Washing That Man Outta My Hair or whatever...) was filmed here. The mountain that they called Bali Hai is - surprise, surprise - called Bali Hai. We also got to see a beach where Harrison Ford hung out while filming 6 Days, 7 Nights because it was free of paparazzi. Our pilot actually flew Ford to and from the site (at least once) during the filming. What else...we flew into an "extinct" volcano - it hasn't erupted in something-hundred million years or some huge number. The fun part was just flying into the volcano (from the side - one side was open) and just stopping, turning around and flying back out. Slightly different than a plane's flight pattern. Sadly, the wind prevented us from getting very close to the bottom of the canyons we flew over, but the views were gorgeous nonetheless.

Also, we spent one afternoon at the beach. Ben went snorkeling (I would have joined him but didn't have fins yet) so there's a picture of him, as well as one of us with the beach in the background.
Anyway, enough chit chat...here are some pics!

4 Comments:

Blogger Gabe said...

Ben, get your account hooked up and get on here!! Those pics are amazing, I guess you haven't seen Kauai until you've seen it from the sky.... Well, Ive never seen it from the land, sky, boat, or anything else except for pictures (Maybe someday). My sister will be studying abrouad in Madrid next semester, so I think I will get to go to Spain for Thanksgiving!

4/24/2007 5:27 AM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. How was the Four Seasons?

4/29/2007 10:56 AM

 
Blogger Ben Drake said...

Yeah, yeah, my account's here. Did google buy blogger or something? Weird. Yeah, phenomenal. We'll have to get together sometime soon.

Hey, that'd be the ticket, Gabe! Awesome.

Ben, how'd you know we went to the Four Seasons? It was INCREDIBLE. Yeah, I'll tell you about it some time.

5/01/2007 2:39 PM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

I have sources.

Yeah Google bought Blogger about a year ago.

5/01/2007 7:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home