Look ma, it's wider!

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Sad really...

I can't help but laugh at Dell's outsourced IT support blunders.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jess Clark said...

I am not surprised. At least there is a transcript of it.

I hate chat support. The majority of the ones I have were people who typed VERY SLOW!

4/05/2007 2:02 PM

 
Blogger Jess Clark said...

Also, I think it is about time to call Roll Call. Where the hell is everyone?

4/05/2007 2:07 PM

 
Blogger Gabe said...

I actually have used the chat feature on Newegg a couple of times and it has worked great. (I think for some other site too, but cannot recall)

The Dell story is a little scary. If they can't speak a lick of English, then they shouldn't be working!!!! I’m sure customer care in the US checking over the Indian operations cries every night in their sleep. I take that back, there probably isn't any!

4/06/2007 4:21 PM

 
Blogger Ben Drake said...

You really have to know who to get in contact with. I had a similar experience in trying to get tech support to diagnose a bad RAID card. The guy on Chat support only confused the issue because I could tell he didn't understand the problem. Once I found out what I needed I had him send me parts, which he SonicAir'd in 2 hours, but he didn't even send all the right parts. Once I called them up and spoke with an American, they sent me the correct part (SonicAir'd again in 2 hours) and the issue was solved. I don't mess around anymore. The Chat session serves its purpose for Tier I support, but it just doesn't cut it for what I need.

4/06/2007 6:34 PM

 
Blogger Ben Drake said...

Was it Ben that was telling me about the Verizon dollars/cents issue? Wow, I can't believe it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp0HyxQv97Q

4/06/2007 6:48 PM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

Hey Gabe when is your birthday coming up?

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/remote-controlled-shippirate-ship-250465.php

4/07/2007 11:51 AM

 
Blogger Gabe said...

Not til Dec 18th... Plenty of shopping days left, don't you worry!

4/07/2007 12:35 PM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

Yeah those Verizon emps were pretty pathetic.

4/07/2007 1:41 PM

 
Blogger Gabe said...

Just think Ben, this could be you:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/19/technology/19blackberry.html?ex=1334635200&en=09cba5ebb3067244&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

4/19/2007 6:15 AM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

“I was so relieved it wasn’t just me, but all my BlackBerry brothers and sisters,” she said.

Ugh. Probably the worst thing about many (not all) CrackBerry users is they expect you to respond to their e-mails 24/7.

4/30/2007 12:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home