Look ma, it's wider!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Hallo von Austria


Hey guys,

I know it's been a while, but know that I think of you all often. Andrea and I have been trying to get our feet on the ground...it's been great, but difficult in the sense that we can't live up to the expectations we put on ourselves. I was hoping to have Thank-You's sent out, the apartment cleaned and time enough to have you folks over for a grand celebration of sorts. Also, work has been difficult with long commutes, uneasy coworkers, and many decision changes. I wasn't sure I was going to Austria until a few days prior, but now that I'm here, I have time enough to get my thoughts in order once more. There is still much uncertainty in my work right now, but I have a good vision for where I hope to go. Though I was, at first, upset at having to be uprooted and sent to Graz for two weeks, I am much more comfortable and thankful for the time here.

I am, of course, very much missing my wife (not even skyping can fix that), though we are both at ease now that we know my purpose here. Also, I spoke with Gabe before leaving, and I heard that you guys may not actually be going camping the 23rd. The 30th should work for Andrea and I, and it sounded like it worked better for Gabe and Ben and Ris. Gosh, I hope that'll work out. Miss you guys.
-Ben

17 Comments:

Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

Hey Ben it's good to hear from you. I hope all is well in Austria. Too bad you're there on business and not pleasure but hopefully you get to have a little fun in the evenings.

Unfortunately I will be in Chicago on the 29th and part of the 30th so I won't be able to go camping that weekend. Currently the plan is to go camping on the weekend of the 23rd.

I hope the job situation works out well for you. Any word from M$ yet?

6/13/2007 6:52 PM

 
Blogger Ben Drake said...

No! Gabe was thinking you had a big project due the 23rd so the 30th would work better. Rats. Well, I'm sure we'll be able to go camping another time.

Jess, are you still camping the 23rd? Would anybody want to go the 30th?

I'll have more information on MS later...Take it easy.

6/14/2007 3:07 AM

 
Blogger Melissa said...

Have a good trip Ben! Glad you are able to collect yourself a little even though its with out the wifey :(

6/14/2007 8:51 AM

 
Blogger Jess Clark said...

The weekend of the 23rd is Brewfest in Ft. Collins. I think that is going to trump camping.

6/14/2007 1:41 PM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

I'm sure the riveting selection of Coors and Budweiser that can only be found in every liquor store on the planet is to die for.

6/14/2007 4:35 PM

 
Blogger Jess Clark said...

What are you talking about? I dunno if Coors and Bud are going. It doesn't seem like there thing.

Apparently you have not heard of Brewfest, nor did I ever say I was going to die for it.

6/14/2007 9:54 PM

 
Blogger Ben Drake said...

Hmm, that sounds like fun. So Jess, do you think you would want to go the 30th? It sounded like Gabe would be down for that when I talked with him, but it's been a while, so maybe something has changed.

6/15/2007 1:01 AM

 
Blogger Jess Clark said...

Sorry Mate, I have a wedding that weekend that I am playing flute at.

6/15/2007 8:39 AM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

Just messing with ya.

6/15/2007 8:49 AM

 
Blogger Melissa said...

Congrats on your flight!!! Your dad just told me, thats awesome!!

6/15/2007 9:44 AM

 
Blogger Ben Drake said...

Ahh, nuts. Well, we're going to have to figure something out then.

Yeah, Melissa, that was an awesome day--my best day of work. There's not much to tell, except for us folk that are interested in aviation.

Ciao.

6/15/2007 1:03 PM

 
Blogger Jess Clark said...

"I'm sure the riveting selection of Coors and Budweiser that can only be found in every liquor store on the planet is to die for."

And instead of camping this weekend Ben (F), What will you be doing?

;-)

I heard the message you left for Gabe!

6/22/2007 11:33 AM

 
Blogger Ben Drake said...

I think we're all curious...

6/22/2007 11:58 AM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

I will be drinking copiously in Denver! F beer it's game time!

6/22/2007 10:59 PM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

Jager bad.

6/24/2007 12:19 PM

 
Blogger Jess Clark said...

lol!

Yeah, who would have thought mixing liquor and an energy drink would have such "wonderful" results

6/25/2007 8:48 AM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7/06/2007 8:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home