still here...
Thought Id let everyone know we're not dead. I posted some pics on flickr. We moved again. School starts up in 3 weeks for us. We are both keeping busy working at our jobs.
http://flickr.com/photos/stephandjoel
I was donated an old RC10GT recently, and have been picking at it. I need some advice from you guys that have used them. The last time I saw a gas car started was probably at Benny's back in the day. Is it normal for the servo's to be a little skiddish even with new batteries? And where's a good place (like online) to get a new engine? The one I have looks like it has 10 million miles on it and i just cant get it to start.
If anyone is thinking of taking a vacation soon, theres a place here for them.
I'll try and post some more stuff on flickr later. Steph's green card has a microprint hologram on the backside that has portraits and names of all the presidents, and all the state flags. It's cool.
-joel
2 Comments:
Hey Joel! It's good to hear from you. I have been really busy at work and Marissa has been in France. It is normal for the servos to jiggle or shudder a little bit, especially if you have an AM transmittor. It isn't a big deal especially with a truck since the steering rack will be sloppy anyway and you probably won't spend much time driving it on asphalt.
7/28/2007 6:38 PM
SCORE! An RC10GT is exactly what I have! I haven't started it in a little over a year, though, cause parts are sooo expensive, and they break so easily! Nitro engines are always finicky. What kind of engine is in there? It seems the OS engines like the high nitro content and like to run hot (but good luck getting them to start again) so I used Blue Thunder nitro.
Prime it with a few drops of nitro, though be careful not to flood it. If after a half a minute it fails to start, remove the glow plug and turn the engine over without the plug in just to make sure it's clear. Also, now would be a good time to make sure you have a good glow. The glow plug should burn bright red, so adjust your glow igniter as necessary, or get a new glow plug (if the coil is white, or fails to glow at all).
Also make sure the idle stop screw is open enough...The throttle should be open at least 1/16-1/8th of an inch. 1/4 open throttle is a good spot to keep it while attempting to start.
Oh yeah, you should do a radio test as well. As the signal strength of the transmitter (or the reception of the receiver) is impeded you will experience servo movement that will worsen the farther you move away. If the servos jiggle a lot even while the transmitter is close to the car, this could indicate interference or just plain bad reception. You should be able to move the transmitter 50 yards from the car and with minimal unexpected servo movement.
Whew, exciting, though! We'll have to race our cars sometime!
Man, oh Man, nice Hawai'i pics! Where did you go to eat for your birthdays? That's absolutely gorgeous. I'm glad to hear you're doing well. Say, who's Merrell?
7/29/2007 2:08 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home