Look ma, it's wider!

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Yes

In the spirit of Ben (January '07)

FYI,


We are engaged



Instead of just posting three words and letting people wonder…we decided that we would tell the story.

On Friday night, I (Jess, who is narrating this story) cooked Michelle dinner. Michelle had to work later than expected and came home at 7:30pm. We had lemon herb chicken, a raspberry vinaigrette garden salad and French bread.

After dinner I suggested going for a walk but Michelle was tired and decided to take a nap. About a half hour later she woke up and agreed to go for a walk. She was tired and didn’t really want to go, but decided the exercise would be good and dragged herself out the door.

I wanted to go to the park. I felt it would be more romantic than proposing in front of some random person’s lawn. Michelle didn’t want to go to the park because it was late (9 o’clock at the earliest!) and wasn’t sure who hangs out in the park on a Friday night. I tried to walk towards the park but each time she pulled me in the opposite direction.

On our way back to our house, we walked near the park and Michelle saw a well lit path that she was okay with. I was relieved, because throughout the whole walk I was trying to come up with a back up plan of where I would propose. We were about half way through the park and stopped at a bench. I got down on one knee and proposed. She said “yes”!

14 Comments:

Blogger zwiffig said...

Oh boy! Oh boy!
Congratulations!!

8/26/2007 4:42 PM

 
Blogger Gabe said...

Congrats man. That is amazing news.

8/26/2007 6:26 PM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

Congratulations! It's a celebration!

I like the tradition Marissa and I started. Perhaps someone can continue it. Who is left...

I think someone in Virginia has some shopping to do.

8/26/2007 8:06 PM

 
Blogger Gabe said...

I just don't know about that one Ben...

8/27/2007 6:11 AM

 
Blogger Gabe said...

And by the way, 3 months of my salary doesn't buy shit at the diamond store!!

8/27/2007 6:12 AM

 
Blogger Melissa said...

Congrats Gus!!!!!

8/27/2007 8:42 AM

 
Blogger Jess Clark said...

Thanks guys!

8/27/2007 11:11 AM

 
Blogger Stepherella said...

So when is the big date?

8/30/2007 3:37 AM

 
Blogger Jess Clark said...

Well we don't know yet. Michelle is now in "work" mode and will be that way till the end of the Sports Season (May). So Summer at the earliest or perhaps the winter after that. But the firsst question is where. Colorado, Washington, or elsewhere.

8/30/2007 3:18 PM

 
Blogger Marissa said...

As long as it's not September 12th (2008 that is).

Congrats on the engagement. How does it feel to join the club? Gabe - are you feeling lonely yet?

9/03/2007 9:41 PM

 
Blogger Melissa said...

Is that your's and Ben's date Marissa?

9/05/2007 10:55 AM

 
Blogger zwiffig said...

jimminy cricket, whatever happened to summer weddings? Think summer Jess, and think hard.

9/07/2007 5:12 AM

 
Blogger Jess Clark said...

ya know. With Michelle's schedule with work, I think the summer could be the only time we could do it. So that puts it @ next summer.

With all of Michelle's in-game production of every sport event @ UNC, she doesn't think it will be that hard to plan....we will see though.

I think we have decided on Colorado for the Wedding; we think!

9/13/2007 11:16 PM

 
Blogger Gabe said...

woo-hoo, Colorado!

9/15/2007 6:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home