News from the East
Hello all! I've got some good news: my father has an exciting new job at the Census Bureau, but the bad news is that the job is in Chicago. So, the parents are looking at places in and around the Chicago area. (Including places in Wisconsin, don't ya' know.) Our house in Erie is currently on the market, so we will be moving as soon as it sells. Dad has already started working in Chicago while my mom is staying at her job in CO and watching over the house. More good/bad news is that I purchased tickets to Spain for Dec 14th-Jan 2nd (where my sister is studying this semester), but this means that it is going to be tough to go skiing this winter. I haven't made firm plans yet for anything after Jan 2, so hopefully I could squeeze skiing in with you guys (b/c that would be sweet!).
Anyways, the pic is from a recent camping trip, where we found this not so friendly guy hanging out right next to the porch of the cabin we were staying at.
Anyways, the pic is from a recent camping trip, where we found this not so friendly guy hanging out right next to the porch of the cabin we were staying at.
17 Comments:
Spain sounds like fun! What part(s) are you going to?
As far as ski trip goes - I'm in, but I could only ski on the weekends as my boss has practically forbidden me to take vacation during January. If the ski trip doesn't work out hopefully Jess will decide to have a Colorado summer wedding! Gabe, Ben and I have unfinished business with Mount Yale!
9/24/2007 11:23 AM
Well hopfully your parents won't sell your house and you will be able to come here for the summer!
J/K!
Only weekends? Weak! Michelle and I got our season passes 2 weekends ago and Michelle bought skiis the weekend before that. Although she is planning on returning them so she can trade them for a "Cooler" looking pair, once the sniagrab in fc gets another shipment in.
Anyway, any date for skiing is good for me. Just let me know!
9/25/2007 8:42 AM
I think I'm going to Cordoba first, then Madrid, then Barcelona, then Bordeaux in France, then Paris!! I'm stoked.
9/25/2007 11:06 AM
Mt Yale - woot woot!
9/25/2007 11:09 AM
Say hello to the French ladies for me!
9/29/2007 1:41 PM
Holy Cow, Gabe! That sounds like a good opportunity for your family, but it sure is a change. I haven't even seen that nice loafing shed yet! I'm sure you'll have a great time in Spain, but, DOH!
Say, Jess, did you get WP passes? I've been hemmin' and hawwin' and I haven't made a commitment yet. Ben and Marissa, are you getting WP passes? Coolness. Well, it's good to hear from you all, and I hope we can keep in touch! Take care.
9/29/2007 9:00 PM
Ben and I got the WP/Copper Mtn passes this year. We decided we're ready to ski someplace new.
9/30/2007 1:58 PM
Yup; we got our passes, and I got another savings account!
10/01/2007 11:20 PM
"We decided we're ready to ski someplace new"
But you got the WP/Copper pass?
10/01/2007 11:20 PM
I meant Copper Jess.
10/02/2007 12:09 PM
So you just got the copper pass? Or were your passes last year just WP?
10/02/2007 1:27 PM
Well, Ill try to look into getting out to CO, or doing a trip someplace with you guys. Ben F and I are looking into dates at the moment. I need to find something that will fit in with my TA responsibilities.
10/02/2007 9:12 PM
I've had the WP pass for the last 5 years so this year we bought the WP/Copper pass so we could ski more at Copper. WP is great, but after five years of nothing else...
Gabe, don't worry about those TA responsibilities! Do you know how many of my TA's missed class because they overslept or were too hung over? Just pretend like you "forgot" ;) I'm kidding - do you know if those dates are going to work for you?
10/03/2007 9:00 AM
Once we have confirmation from Gabe then I will post details about the trip to see if that works for everyone. Utah baby!
See how important you are Gabe? You need to move back to CO to mix it up with your people.
10/03/2007 5:40 PM
Because of the game schedule Michelle won't be able to go if we do in in Utah.
So if we do, were out.
10/06/2007 11:27 PM
The games are on Saturdays correct? We were thinking about going Thursday through Monday, perhaps one or both of you could arrive and depart earlier? Say Wed through Friday, maybe leaving early Saturday morning?
The mountain is only about an hour and a half from the airport so total travel time back to CO isn't bad.
10/08/2007 2:25 PM
I will double check with her, but the majority of the basketball games are in the evenings.
The other question I have is, will there be terrian that she can handle. She bought skiis and a pass but I don't think we can teach her enough this season (what with the games and all)
10/09/2007 10:25 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home