Ski Trip 2008
It is getting to be that time of year again! The annual ski trip is almost upon us and we need to make some decisions in order to make it happen.
After discussion with various parties it sounds like a trip to Utah will not be feasible this year. Plan on it next year! We will settle for Alta or Whistler, nothing less!
Since Utah is out of the picture that leaves the local favorites, Winter Park and Copper. Since we've frequented WP the past couple years it would be nice to change things up a bit and go to Copper. Marissa and I were there last weekend and while the snow sucked it did get us excited to explore Copper when more terrain is open.
After discussion with Gabe and Tim Tim the dates that we think will work best are February 7th through the 10th (not including travel days for those not in CO). If this does not work with anyone please let us know as soon as possible. Once we have confirmation that the dates will work we will begin looking into lodging.
I hope that everyone will be able to make it. Priorities people!
15 Comments:
Cool those dates work for me, however Michelle has a Women's BB game on the 9th. I will check with her to see if her boss can cover it. We both have WinterPark/Copper passs so either one is good for us.
I will repost later.
11/29/2007 9:17 AM
[quote]
How about one of these dates?
Jan 17-21
Jan 31-Feb 4
Feb 14-18
Feb 21-25
March 6-10
-Michelle
[/quote]
11/29/2007 9:35 AM
This comment has been removed by the author.
11/29/2007 9:35 AM
Marissa can't take time off in January. We wouldn't want to do Feb 14-18 as that is President's Weekend. Marissa will be out of town on March 6-10.
I know Gabe's schedule is pretty tight as he is Herr TA this year.
Tell Michelle to schmooze the boss! Get him or her a bad ass secret Santa gift!
11/29/2007 10:22 AM
What is Gabe's Schedule?
Michelle Writes:
Tell Marissa to schmooze the boss! Get him or her a bad ass secret Santa gift!
11/29/2007 11:30 AM
Marissa's company has four employees. One is on vacation most of January. She will also be training/transitioning someone at the client site in January.
11/29/2007 12:32 PM
Woot Woot! I'm stoked. Copper's way fun, and they just got dumped on. My friend Ty (not Billings) who works up there called me up yesterday to rub it in my face that he was having a powder day and I was stuck at work. And Gabe, best Penne for $4.50. Ever. Need I say more?
So, assuming nothing new happens at my work, I think any of those dates would work for us. Lets get this nailed down and book, cause I'm gettin' excited! Alrighty then.
11/29/2007 8:50 PM
What does everyone think of this place to stay? It would come out to be $148.33 per person for 4 nights.
http://www.vrbo.com/28945
We should book soon since most places seem to be filling up fast.
12/01/2007 11:04 AM
Ben, Gabe and wanted to stay here:
http://www.vrbo.com/150498
Unfortunately they were already booked and came with a $533 per person price tag!
12/01/2007 11:09 AM
This one isn't bad either - it's ski in/ski out, but more expensive: $233.33/person for 4 nights. We'll call this
Choice #2:
http://www.vrbo.com/49394
Choice #3:
http://www.vrbo.com/5876 (note - as far as I can tell, no hot tub)
Choice #1 and #3 are both in Frisco, but close to the shuttle that will take you to Copper.
12/01/2007 11:28 AM
Choice #3 was $206.11 per person
12/01/2007 11:29 AM
Now, If Michelle and I go we will only be there one night; therefor, we would only be paying for one night.
Michelle's game is in the afternoon of the 9th; she would need to be there at noon. So if we went we would go up on the 7th and leave the night of the 8th. Or get up there late on the 9th and stay one night for the 10th. Eitherway, it isn't pretty.
12/01/2007 4:09 PM
You could always come back after the game...
12/01/2007 8:43 PM
$4.50 penne?? (Woot indeed) You could cure world hunger at those prices! I am stoked about skiing so we gotta get this going. Feb 21-23 would work for me (Ben, Ris, The Drakes?)and I could only spend 3 nights (Fri-Sun).
Tim wants to spend some time at Steamboat or Vail or someplace fancy, so this could be an alternate ski locale for a day.
Take my picture.
12/02/2007 8:22 AM
Hey All, sorry for the delay. My opinion is, if it's not got a hot tub, it's not a ski condo! I like Choice 1 the best, and it's cheapest! I don't understand what date we're going for, so I'll list the dates that won't work:
Jan 5
Jan 12
Feb 8-10 (Andrea's parents' WP condo trip)
Let's rock!
12/07/2007 4:27 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home