Look ma, it's wider!

Friday, May 09, 2008

San Diego


Hey guys, as some of you know, Michelle and I were in San Diego last weekend. Michelle had a conference this past week and at first we were thinking about I would fly out after the conference but after seeing an ad for the Red Bull Air Race we decided we would go out before.

I took around 1500 photos and 24 videos. After spending most of the week sifting through them I have chosen a few good ones to share with you guys. If you would like to see others let me know. I have placed a link to two Picasa Albums. (BTW, thanks Steph for showing me Picasa, I like the fact I don’t have to pay to have multiple galleries like Flickr).

I also had a chance to piece together some of the video I got into a shot movie. Now normally, I would have brought the Canon HV20, but I only had my Canon 2S IS so the video quality is a bit small and taken without a tripod. Optimizing for the web made a lot of the text fuzzy even though I bumped up the quality settings. I thought about posting the full quality video, but it was 629mb and I don’t have the bandwidth to offer such a link. I got it on DVD if you want to see when we are in person sometime; just remind me.

2 Comments:

Blogger zwiffig said...

I impressed with the photos and video man, great job. I am wicked jealous, wouldve been so sweet to see that. I cant believe what that red bull helicopter was doing.

5/10/2008 4:19 AM

 
Blogger Ben Ferreira said...

Nice photos and video! That looks like a fun show to watch. I hadn't tried Picasa before all the recent posts on the blog and I must say it is definitely a nice service.

Here's a link to my public pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/ben.ferreira

5/12/2008 10:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home