So, there I was skiing along...

then I was up to my neck in powder! If this sounds like fun to you, then the Steamboat trip might be just what you've been looking for this winter. I did a little research (I'm a grad student, what can I say) and found some places that might suit us. As usual here are some choices (Prices for staying Friday Jan 3-Tues Jan 6 (Monday night), Sat Jan 4-Wed Jan 7 (Tues night)) and notable amenities:
#1 http://www.greatrentals.com/rental-property/p176863 ($187,$187) This place is a 20 minute drive from slopes
#2 http://www.greatrentals.com/rental-property/p91448hi (NA, $253) Parking pass at base, few frills
#3 http://www.greatrentals.com/rental-property/p201088 ($325,$325) Drive to slopes
#4 http://www.greatrentals.com/rental-property/p163502#unitRates (NA, $335) Walk to gondola, pool table
#5 http://www.greatrentals.com/rental-property/p88695hi#unitRates ($400,$400) Condo
#6 http://www.greatrentals.com/rental-property/p91427hi ($512, $431) House, BBQ
Everything on the list is available (exept those noted: NA), has 5 bedrooms and has a hot tub (Anything noted condo does not have a private hot tub). And prices for houses go up from there. I know lots of us have to work, although I'm not quite sure what that is, so booking a place for Friday night might be easier for some, although that raises the price for most places.
Here are a few others that are pricier:
http://www.greatrentals.com/rental-property/p169993
http://www.greatrentals.com/rental-property/p183778#unitRates
I will send out an Excel spreadsheet for those of us not checking the blog everyday.
My personal choice is #4, it's close looks pretty nice and is relatively cheap, although it is not available Friday.
What do you think? Found something I missed?
This place has been depressing me for days. It is loaded, like a baked potato, it's got all the amenities, it's cheap and it's virtually (or so they say) ski in-ski-out. The bad news is, it's booked. I say we call these people up in March and book this place for next year, wouldn't that be cool:)
http://www.vrbo.com/152582
Also: http://www.greatrentals.com/rental-property/p145719#unitRates
15 Comments:
I like your recommendation about place #4. It looks sweet!
10/05/2008 8:01 AM
I concur with choice #4.
10/06/2008 6:11 AM
Welcome back you two!
10/06/2008 8:45 AM
How does everybody feel about dates?
10/06/2008 8:58 AM
Are the prices per person per day?
As there is a *small* chance Joel and I *might* be in CO this xmas...so just wondering...lol
10/06/2008 5:42 PM
Hey Steph, my goodness it would be awesome if you (and hopefully Joel) could make it on the ski trip. We sure miss you guys! Those prices are total prices for lodging for 4 nights, based an occupancy of 8 people. If more people come, then there will be a lower price. Keep us posted.
10/07/2008 10:38 AM
I think the dates work for us.
One issue though. Friday is the 2nd of January so it looks like that falls into the pound me in the ass rate category ($2395 instead of $895 per night) and the minimum 1 week requirement.
10/07/2008 4:13 PM
1) Who are the people that plan on coming? (also how many)
2) What is the cheapest or best place to rent ski/board gear from?
3) Where is the cheapest place to get ski passes?
4) When and how long does everyone have off for winter break? (to get together for not skiing related fun)
10/08/2008 7:01 PM
Yo Steph, so far we are planning on approx. 8 people going Ben, Andrea, Jess, Michelle, Ben, Marissa, Me, Marianne (isn't sure), and Tim. I seem to remember some pretty powerful deals at Boulder Ski Deals, but you should check with the "locals" on that. I will probably be in CO for a little over a week Thurs.-Sat. and would be happy to get together any day we aren't skiing.
10/09/2008 2:06 PM
Woot-woot this is going to be fun!
10/09/2008 2:06 PM
But everyone already has plans friday night the 9th ;)
10/09/2008 5:04 PM
The 4th (which is a Sunday, BTW) to the 7th will work for us.
10/09/2008 9:56 PM
Steph, Check out this deal:
http://www.steamboat.com/big6.html?redirectID=65&ForceSeasonalContent=1
Not sure if you can get it for out of state students but if you could it is great! Basically pays for itself after one visit
10/10/2008 11:04 AM
lol So we just booked tickets. We are flying to Portland, and driving out with Jessie and Zach (and their dog tabor). We should make it into Erie, by the 18th of December. I'm not sure when Jess and Zach have to get back, but we'll prob leave around the 26-27th back to Portland. (Then Joel and I are driving up to Canada!! As I haven't been home since our wedding! and I miss it!) We will fly out of Portland at 10:15am on January 11th (Sunday), as Joel has classes on Monday.
Sooo this means that no ski trip this year and frankly I think I was just dreaming to think we could even afford something like that this year. lol So we'd LOVE to see you guys this winter!
10/11/2008 7:44 PM
That's a bummer on the ski trip, but great that you will get to see home!
Perhaps we could do a day trip to Winter Park or Copper. With our passes we can get some discounted tickets.
10/12/2008 5:03 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home